The term Artificial Intelligence was proposed by the year 1995 August 31 by John McCarthy (Dartmouth College),Guest Posting Marvin Minsky (Harvard University), Nathaniel Rochester (IBM), and Claude Shannon (Bell Telephone Laboratories) and it was been officially announced by the year 1956 as “Every aspect of learning or any other feature of intelligence can in principle be so precisely described that a machine can be made to simulate it. An attempt will be made to find how to make machines use language, form abstraction and concepts, solve kinds of problems now reserved for humans, and improve themselves.”
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the machine with the ability to solve the problems that are usually done by us humans with our natural intelligence.
The original 7 Aspects of Artificial Intelligence (1995)
1. Simulating higher functions of the human brain.
2. Programming a computer to use the general language.
3. Arranging hypothetical neurons in a manner so that they can form concepts.
4. A way to determine and measure problem complexity.
6. Abstraction: Defined as the quality of dealing with ideas rather than events.
7. Randomness and creativity.
After 65’s years, we had completed the language major problem AI strategy consulting complexity and self-improvement to at least some degrade. However, randomness and creativity are just started to be explored. We have seen a couple of web-episode groups show films and even a feature-length film completely written by Artificial Intelligence (AI).
• “SURPRISING” (2016) a Sci-Fi short film was entirely written by Artificial Intelligence (AI).
• “PBS Idea Channel” episode written by Artificial Intelligence (AI).
According to “Jack Copeland” who has written multiple Artificial Intelligence (AI). Some of the most important factors of Artificial Intelligence (AI) are:
1. Generalization learning: Learning that enables the learners to perform better in a situation not previously counted.
2. Reasoning: To reason, a draw conclusion appropriates the situation in hand.
3. Problem-solving: Given such and such data to find X.
4. Perception: Analyzing a scanned environment analyzing features and relationships between objects. Example self-driving cars.
5. Language understanding: Understanding language by following syntax and rules similar to humans.
Here are a few examples of Artificial Intelligence (AI) are Machine learning, Computer vision, Natural language processing, Robotics, pattern recognition, and Knowledge management.
Two Types of Artificial Intelligence in terms of approach
1. Strong Artificial Intelligence (AI): Strong Artificial Intelligence (AI) is simulating human brains. Strong A.I can do anything as well/better than a human. Example: a machine hears the word “Good morning” and starts to associate that with the coffee maker turning on to make coffee If the computer has the ability, it theoretically could hear the word “Good morning” and decide to turn on the coffee maker.
2. Weak Artificial Intelligence (AI): Weak Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a system that operates within a limited context and is a simulation of human intelligence. Example: Amazon’s Alexa, Apple’s Siri, IBM’s Watson, self-driving cars, Chess playing AI and many more. Weak A.I achieves only the result of a human.